EPI Eligibility – Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
EPI Admission Procedures:
Submit the following to:
Admissions and Records Office
3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446-2053
2. An application for admission into the EPI program at Chipola College.
3. Official College transcripts from all colleges attended.
4. Satisfactory background check by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
5. Statement of Status of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Education
**TO SEE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS BY STATE, FOLLOW THIS LINK: http://www.teachercertificationzone.com
How to Obtain Statement of Status of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Education:
- Apply for a temporary certificate from the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE). You may apply on-line at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/apply.asp or contact the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Educator Certification (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have an application mailed to you. Applications may also be obtained from local school board district offices.
- Both application methods give you directions for submitting official transcripts and paying the $ 75 fee.
- Upon completion of this process the FLDOE will provide you with a Statement of Status of Eligibility which must be submitted to the Chipola College Admissions and Records Office.
1. Successful completion of all EPI requirements and courses, to include participation in appropriate field experience(s).
2. 2.5 cumulative GPA and successful demonstration of
all teaching competencies (FEAPS) as outlined in Florida
Passing scores on the General Knowledge (http://www.fl.nesinc.com/tests.asp),
Subject Area (http://www.fl.nesinc.com/tests.asp), and
Professional Education Tests (http://www.fl.nesinc.com/testPage.asp?test=PET).
You may register for these tests at http://www.fl.nesinc.com/.
4. Verification of Completion of an Approved EPI Teacher Preparation Program application.
For a listing of FTCE Competencies and Skills (Fourteenth Edition), see: http://www.fldoe.org/asp/ftce/ftcecomp.asp