Admission, Financial Aid, and
For the BS in Nursing
Students may apply for admission to the
BSN program through the
Admissions and Registration
Office in A 137.
- Possess and submit a valid, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license from the state in which the applicant is practicing (Florida, Alabama, or Georgia) to be kept currect throughout the duration of the required course of study.
- An AA degree from a Florida public institution OR 60 semester hours and satisfactory completion of Chipola's general education requirement.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
Admission Procedure:Submit the following to the Admissions and Registration Office in A 137:
- Completed Chipola College application. If you were not enrolled at Chipola last semester you will need to submit a new admission application.
- Completed Chipola College BS in Nursing Supplemental Application for the Bachelor’s program.
- Official high school transcripts.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
Call (850) 718-2211or visit http://www.chipola.edu/registrar/index.htm for more information.
2. Financial Aid:
Each student MUST complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to apply for federal financial aid if they wish to receive any kind of financial aid for this program. The form can be filled out online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or can be picked up from the Chipola Financial Aid Office in A 157. Call (850) 718-2224 or visit http://www.chipola.edu/financialaid/what.htm for more information.
Contact Vickie Stephens (850) 718-2778 for an advising appointment and to enroll in classes.
Registration dates for Fall 2013 Terms:
Fall 2013 Terms A & B Early Registration: July 8th for Currently Enrolled Students
Fall 2013 Terms A & B Early Registration: July 9th-11th for Currently Enrolled New and Returning Students
Fall 2013 Terms A & B Registration & Drop/Add: August 14th for Returning Students
Fall 2013 Terms A & B Registration & Drop/Add: August 15th-16th for New and Returning Students
Fall 2013 Terms A& B Late Registration, Drop/Add & Employee Fee Waiver: August 19th -20th
Fall 2013 Terms A & B Drop/Add & Employee Fee Waiver: August 21st-23rd
Fall 2013 Term C Registration & Drop/Add: October 10th
Fall 2013 Term C Late Registration, Drop/Add & Employee Fee Waiver: October 11th
Take the pink Student Registration and Drop/Add Form to the Business Office in A165 to pay tuition or have it charged to your financial aid. Phone: (850) 718-2204.
4. ID Cards and Books:
All students must obtain a photo I.D. from Student Services. New students must take the white registration receipt received from the Business Office to Student Services and have a photo ID made.
After securing a valid ID card, visit the bookstore on the lower level of the Student Center for your textbooks. Bookstore personnel will assist you in purchasing the correct books. Keep your registration receipt and your book store cash register receipt. If you have to exchange a book later, you will need both.
DO NOT UN-WRAP YOUR BOOKS until you are sure you do not want to exchange them. Un-wrapped books are considered Used books.
5. Parking Decals:
Parking decals must be obtained from the Business Office located in Building A, Room 165 if you drive a car on campus. You will need your car registration and student ID. Decals are included in the students' processing fees.